- any reference to “NCA”, “us”, “we” or “our” means NCA (Nutrition Consultants Australia);
- any reference to “M&N” means Medications & Nutrition which is an NCA Knowledge Product;
- Website means this Website operated by NCA and includes medicationsandnutrition.online and any other domain that we may use from time to time for this product;
- any reference to “EEA” means the European Economic Area;
- any reference to “GDPR” means General Data Protection Regulation.
What information do we collect about you?
Non-Personal Information means information incapable of identifying an individual ie anonymised data, and refers to
- your unmasked IP address
- time metrics – which pages you visited and the duration on each page
- entry and exit pages
- search engine queries used to link to our Website
- other META data as collected by Google Analytics reports
Personal Information means any information capable of identifying an individual person and includes information that:-
- you provide to us directly
- by signing up to our service and/or to receive promotional and non-promotional reports and information – we collect name and email address,
- by purchasing a subscription or product – we collect name and email address and our payment gateway manages the sensitive financial information such as payment details,
- other information we may request will be optional for you, and may include general customer information to help us improve our products and services.
- we collect from your device
- Device information is the automatic collection of certain information through the use of technology and includes web beacons, device identifiers, IP address, time zone, pages visited, duration of visit, search terms to bring you to our Website; some of this information may be classified as Personal Information.
- we collect from third parties
- Third parties such as social media platforms may also pass on to us certain information about your use of their service – and may include, but is not limited to, user ID, any information you permit them to share, any information you have made public through that medium. There are processes that you can initiate to limit the third party from sharing your Personal Information with us.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the information we collect to
- provide our products and services: This includes allowing you to create an account on our medicationsandnutrition.online Website and to log in to your account, recognising you across different services and devices, and billing you for transactions that you make via our Website.
- communicate with you: This includes sending you communications about important changes and/or updates to our products and services. With your consent we may also provide you with information or advertising relating to our current and new products and services.
- review the collected data: This includes how our customers browse and interact with the Website and to evaluate the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- comply with legal requirements: We will only use or disclose your information where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law, and to the reasonable requests of law enforcement or a government authority;
- to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of our M&N personnel, customers and/or others.
To whom do we disclose Personal Information?
We may have to share your Personal Information with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services such as marketing platforms, communications platforms, etc;
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, etc;
- Government bodies including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your Personal Information to respect the security of your Personal Information and to treat it in accordance with the law. Further we only allow such third parties to process your Personal Information for specified purposes.
Neither M&N nor NCA knowingly sell, trade, or provide unauthorized Personal Information to anyone anywhere.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
We take great care to ensure the security of our Website.
The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting Personal Information and financial payment details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet or via a mobile device can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data.
Users of our M&N Website and its services are responsible for maintaining the security of their user ID and password, or other form of identity verification that is utilised to gain access to password protected or secure areas of our Website and its services.
As a strategy to protect you and your information, if we suspect a breach of security then we may suspend your access to any part of the Website and its services, without notice, until an investigation is completed.
Do we permit international transfer of your Personal Information?
In order to assist us to provide you with our products and/or services, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties where the privacy laws may not be as protective as yours. When we transfer information to countries other than your own, we check that their Privacy Policies include GDPR compliance.
When do we delete your Personal Information?
We only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, and to comply with any legal, accounting, insurance, or reporting requirements. Legally we are required to retain essential information about our clients such as contact, identity, and transaction data for 6 years after finalisation of the last transaction. Any Personal Information that we are no longer legally required to retain will be either destroyed or permanently de-identified.
How can you manage your Personal Information?
There are 2 ways in which you can manage your Personal Information:-
1. Personally. You can update Personal Information such as name and email address by changing profile settings in your account;
2. Contact us. You can contact us to alter or delete your Personal Information. We shall need to verify your identity in order to proceed. We respond to all requests within 30 days.
We may not be able to allow you access to your Personal Information in some circumstances, such as if:
- provision of access may negatively impact the privacy of other individuals,
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings,
- provision of access would be illegal,
- the information is commercially sensitive.
We will notify you of the reasons for any refusal of access to your Personal Information, and also advise the complaint mechanism(s) available to you.
How to make a complaint about the management of your Personal Information?
If you have any questions or complaints about how M&N collects and protects your Personal Information:-
- first - please contact us as per contact details at the end of this Policy We will promptly investigate your question or complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach (if any) and any other action we will take to deal with your question or complaint.
- then – if you are in the European Union and dissatisfied with the outcome, you can raise a complaint through your country’s Data Protection Authority (DPA). This link may assist you in finding the appropriate DPA: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
- then – if you are outside the European Union and dissatisfied with the outcome, you can raise a complaint through the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner https://www.oaic.gov.au/
- there will be a notice on the Home page if the changes are significant.
Your continued use of our services or Website after the publication of any amendments indicates your acceptance of the amendments.
As our products and services are not appropriate for those under the age of 16 years, we do not knowingly advertise to them nor collect their Personal Information.
If at any time we learn we have collected Personal Information from someone aged under 16 years then we shall suspend the account and remove their Personal Information immediately
GDPR Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the EEA for the purposes of the GDPR, then in addition to what is stated elsewhere in this document, the following applies to you.
M&N may utilise several automated processes based on your Personal Information and your activity on our Website as tracked by us, in order to provide our products and services to you,
In addition to your rights as stated elsewhere in this document, you may:
- amend any of the Personal Information we hold about you,
- request that we provide you with a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you in a portable and machine readable form or share your Personal Information with a nominated third party.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of these rights then go to How can you manage your Personal Information? for the options available to you on how to exercise your privacy rights.
For Personal Information subject to the GDPR we rely on the following legal bases to process this information:
- you have given us your consent,
- it is essential for meeting our contractual obligations with you, for example the provision of our products and services;
- to ensure compliance with our legal obligations.
If requested information is not provided then we may
- not be able to comply with our contractual obligations such as delivery of goods or services to you,
- have to cancel the product or service you ordered - we will notify you at the time if this occurs.
You may withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Information at any time by contacting us as outlined above.
Links to other websites and services
M&N and NCA neither provide nor permit external advertising on our Websites.
Whilst there are a number of third-party links to credible website resources on this M&N Website that may be useful to you – neither NCA nor M&N are responsible for their privacy management, nor control the content of those websites.
Phone: Australia 03 – 9482 7424
Email: M&Nenquiries@medicationsandnutrition.online (as an anti-spam strategy we inserted M&N before enquiries - please delete M&N prior to sending your email)
Website contact form: medicationsandnutrition.online/contact-us
Postal: M&N, PO Box 353, FAIRFIELD VIC 3078, AUSTRALIA
Updated 18th January 2021.